Dulcie
    @

A recent survey says that 17% of Americans said that spending the day without brushing their teeth would be worse then not having a shower. Personally I thought that number would be higher. What do you think?

CKLiew
    @

I think not showering is worse. Just can’t stand the feeling of being sticky especially after sweating. I dont mind the sweating but no after that and odour releasing from the armpit, hair and foot. That’s gonna be just as bad as a rotten egg. Even during winter, I need to shower twice.

For oral, just take more liquid and most of the time it will be fine.

sugaree
    Participant
    @sugaree

i have gone a couple weeks without a shower since febreeze was invented, but i have to brush my teeth everyday.

NoXpert
    @

You’re reeeeally reaching out there on this one Susan. Yucky….
    Especially after reading some of these answers… Dubble yukky.. o_O

Mmildf
    Participant
    @mmildf

well this is easy brushing your teeth

You only get one set don’t ruin them

cOrtiz
    Participant
    @cortiz

Not showering is way way way WORSE…

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

Speaking from years of experience of waking up in strange places with no memory of the night before, I got to say, missing your teeth is easier that the shower. See, you can swish shower water around in your mouth, and rub down your teeth with a clean towel if one’s available, so the shower’s the more efficient choice.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

NeverBSatisfied
    Participant
    @neverbsatisfied
    Dulcie;6084 wrote:
    A recent survey says that 17% of Americans said that spending the day without brushing their teeth would be worse then not having a shower. Personally I thought that number would be higher. What do you think?

I’d certainly pick not showering. One of the most important things I’ve learned as a child was to keep your dental intact and that’s a very important thing to not only appearance but comfort and health as well. I had a bad child hood growing up with dental problems (as did my father) and now that my teeth are fixed up I’ll always be fortunate to have parents that cared for things like that.

stanley22
    Participant
    @stanley22

i could go without brushing my teeth but i could NOT go without getting a shower… i don’t like the sticky feeling nor do i enjoy the greasy hair factor

Mmildf
    Participant
    @mmildf

I’m surprised this many people could care less about their teeth 😮 I mean there are so many alternatives to showers and there is no alternative that would last for brushing your teeth.

Cheers
    Marcus

DMoney
    Participant
    @dmoney

I think for me it would depend on the length of time. If it was just a couple days that I had to pick between shower vs teeth, I’d pick the shower, gargling + some chewing gum would make the absence of toothpaste bareable. Is mouthwash permissible?

But if we’re talking a week or longer I’d have to go with brushing my teeth or else I’d have to go mute. A wet washcloth can take the place of a shower (but then again I’m blessed with under active sweat glands)
    =)

Bdubbs
    Participant
    @bdubbs
    Mmildf;59404 wrote:
    I’m surprised this many people could care less about their teeth 😮 I mean there are so many alternatives to showers and there is no alternative that would last for brushing your teeth.

Cheers
    Marcus

actually personal hygiene is way more important, especially if you work in a food industry. Many people can get fake teeth put in. If you cant brush how about mouth wash?

I was at the tattoo shop yesterday, and some younger guy sat down by me and he stunk really bad! I felt sorry for the artist that had to deal with him!

Rockysmom
    Participant
    @rockysmom

I can handle not showering but I wouldn’t be able to fall asleep with dirty teeth.

The Mighty Ming
    Participant
    @the-mighty-ming

Eugh, missing both of these makes me feel sick. If I had no choice, I would have to pick miss brushing my teeth. I always have chewing gum handy so that is some consolidation lol.
    Dealing with customers every day I always come across incredibly smelly people, sometimes I can smell people before I see them! Swear to God. This one guy, breathed down my throat while handing me money and I was almost pysically sick because his breath reeked of shit and ash.

There is no need to be so unhygenic!

Rockysmom
    Participant
    @rockysmom

I would rather not shower. There is something just nasty about going to bed with a dirty mouth. I have backpacked before and not showered for a few days. Hey, you can always use baby wipes to clean your body.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.