turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

Hi everyone.

We are now back (again) after another hack.

As a result ive removed some older non supported plugins which did various things on the forum.

You will be seeing various bits and pieces being restored over the next few days / weeks but in general what kinds of features would you like to see here?

Ill collate all the suggestions here and then maybe open a poll so we can all vote on our favourite new features??

At any rate throw me your ideas and lets see what people want

Panter
    Participant
    @panter

I think it would be good if the current features worked. It’s a good forum, just seems to be down a lot and it’s frustrating when you can’t upload pictures to your album or edit profiles etc.
    The “like” button is good, the “thanks” button OK, I don’t know if the points system thing is still running but I don’t think that meant anything to anyone?
    So, personally, I’d just like the forum as it is but be able to add pics to my album and for it to be more secure.

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

@Panter 138596 wrote:

I think it would be good if the current features worked. It’s a good forum, just seems to be down a lot and it’s frustrating when you can’t upload pictures to your album or edit profiles etc.

Yep those should be fixed now. the uploader was one of the issues we were seeing which was vulnerable to hacks. so its fixed now. in terms of downtime this last hack really caused issues and hopefully the new setup should prevent anything but really determined hackers now.

@Panter 138596 wrote:

The “like” button is good, the “thanks” button OK, I don’t know if the points system thing is still running but I don’t think that meant anything to anyone?
    So, personally, I’d just like the forum as it is but be able to add pics to my album and for it to be more secure.

like button and thanks button will be readded shortly. They were again part of a problematic plugin which has now been removed. Will be adding these later today with any luck.
    The whole experience thing was a bit of a weird one. we had plans to make it work with a kind of store for user points but it never materialized.

We did get a lot of feedback on why it was there but then people did start using it afterwards as an indicator of peoples overall level of authority as it were on the forum. perhaps ill disable it for now and maybe relaunch it properly once the shop is on and working.

If you could check your ability to upload now to your albums and profile and let me know of any issues

thanks

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Panter 138596 wrote:

What he said

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

couple of things fixed

Mobile site now working correctly with logos logins etc all working. Any feedback from people with mobiles and or tablets would be most welcome

That irritating bug where you couldnt click into the new thread title box is also now fixed.

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

Facebook connect integration is back and working also. you can now connect and login using facebook .

Thread like button also reinstated its on the left at the moment ill try move it back to where it was on the right

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

auto translations working again for about 10 languages. For those of you who used to view the forum, in another language please let me know if we are missing your specific language requirements via a pm and ill add it asap.

Panter
    Participant
    @panter

I’ve had a go at uploading some pictures, it appeared to let me upload them but my album is still showing as empty.
    Probably just me being thick. I’m giving up smoking at the moment so I’ll have another go at it later when I’m less likely to launch the laptop through the window.

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

right i reckon i know what the problem is.

when you click upload image and it pops up tat little box. its currently sized so small that you cant see the upload button on the right hand side.

you actually have to scroll over to get to it.

once you have clicked that upload button (which i can only assume is what you might have missed) then it appears in the album to be used there

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@turbosatan 138603 wrote:

Thread like button also reinstated its on the left at the moment ill try move it back to where it was on the right

No like button anywhere here.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@ArniVidar 138610 wrote:

I just want the site to work lol and downtime for maintenance to be a few hours like stated instead of weeks:)

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@ArniVidar 138610 wrote:

Not here either

Panter
    Participant
    @panter

@turbosatan 138608 wrote:

right i reckon i know what the problem is.

when you click upload image and it pops up tat little box. its currently sized so small that you cant see the upload button on the right hand side.

you actually have to scroll over to get to it.

once you have clicked that upload button (which i can only assume is what you might have missed) then it appears in the album to be used there

No, I did expand the box to find the upload button. It’s not overly intuitive, but I did work that bit out. It just doesn’t seem to do anything.
    EDIT: Just tried again, now seems to be working? only difference is today I clicked “save changes” in the album afterwards, I didn’t notice that option yesterday.

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

@Panter 138616 wrote:

No, I did expand the box to find the upload button. It’s not overly intuitive, but I did work that bit out. It just doesn’t seem to do anything.
    EDIT: Just tried again, now seems to be working? only difference is today I clicked “save changes” in the album afterwards, I didn’t notice that option yesterday.

yeah i think it is working but is super unintuitive at the moment. will add that to the list of things to fix. need a nice image uploader that works easily.

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

@ArniVidar 138610 wrote:

there are now 2 like buttons.

If you connect to facebook then you should see a thread like button on the left just under the thread title.

And just under each post there is now a “Thanks for this post” – “Like this post” and (for buttwheat) a “Dislike this post” button along with all the people who have liked or thanked a post / thread before now.

Let me know you can all see it ok.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.